HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Babysitters America may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain Your Personal Information from the following sources:
• Your Registration to use services provided by Babysitters America: In order to use the services made available on the Website (“Babysitters America Services”), We require that You register with Babysitters America. You will be required to provide Personal Information to Babysitters America in order to register with Babysitters America (“Your Registration”) and maintain Your Registration.
• Your Payment for Babysitters America Services: Some of the Babysitters America Services require the payment of a fee. In order to pay that fee, We require that You provide Babysitters America with Your credit/debit card information as well as other Personal Information.
• Your Communications with Babysitters America: If You initiate communication with Babysitters America through email, postal mail, telephone or other forms of electronic communications, Your communications may contain Personal Information.
• Your Responses to Communications from Babysitters America: From time to time, Babysitters America may communicate with You through email, postal mail or other forms of electronic communications regarding Your Registration and Babysitters America. If You respond to these communications, Your responses may contain Personal Information.
You can decline to provide Your Personal Information to Babysitters America by not engaging in the activities described above. If You decline to submit Personal Information in connection with creating Your Registration, you will not be permitted to use some or all of the services offered by Babysitters America.
Babysitters America also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to users of Babysitters America. This information may include information such as, but not limited to: (i) Your account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc.; and (ii) Your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of Your request, date and time of access, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser and referrer Uniform Resource Locator. None of this information enables Babysitters America to personally identify or contact You.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Processing Your Registration;
• Processing Your payment information;
• Processing, formatting and displaying customized content on the Website for You;
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve Babysitters America;
• Communicating with You regarding new and additional Babysitters America Services and changes to Babysitters America;
• Responding to communications initiated by You; and/or
• Ensuring the technical functioning of Babysitters America, including creating and maintaining back-ups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data.
Babysitters America restricts access to Personal Information to those employees, contractors and agents of Babysitters America who need to access Personal Information for the purposes specified above. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
HOW BABYSITTERS AMERICA USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
Babysitters America may collect or purchase information from third parties regarding persons who provided such information to those third parties. Information provided by the third party may include, but not limited to, individual names, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, genders, and any other information provided by the Third Party. Babysitters America uses commercially reasonable best efforts to ensure that (i) the third party possesses the right to transfer the information to Babysitters America and (ii) Babysitters America has received the right to communicate with the persons who provided the information.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS PLACED BY BABYSITTERS AMERICA
A web beacon is generally a transparent graphic image (usually a very small pixel) that is placed on a website or in an email which is used to monitor behavior of a user visiting a website or email. When HTML code for a web beacon points to a site to retrieve the image, it can pass along information such as IP address of the computer that retrieved the image, time the page was viewed and length, the type of internet browser that retrieved the image, and any previously set cookie values in regards to the web beacon.
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
Babysitters America reserves the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of Babysitters America if:
• You have consented to such sale, rental or sharing; and/or
In addition, Babysitters America reserves the right to share non-personally identifiable information relating to users of Babysitters America or the Babysitters America Services with our partners and advertisers. The information will not be linked to any personal identifiable information.
Babysitters America takes commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of its data, including Personal Information stored or maintained on its servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of Babysitters America’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where Babysitters America stores personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Babysitters America is not interested in accepting and does not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18.
If you are located outside of the United States, You acknowledge and agree that by using the Babysitters America Services and by accessing Babysitters America, Your Personal Information will be collected, stored, and used by Babysitters America in the United States. As such, you 5 agree to the collection, transfer, storage and use of Your information in the United States and that the collection, storage, transfer and use of any of Your information will be governed by the laws of the United States.